Well this one is done. I decided to try scanning again since the surface is smooth and what do you know, it worked beautifully. I only needed to piece together 2 scans and the color matched perfectly.
I was having trouble with the tattoo design, as you can see I’ve changed them. After taping some tracing paper over the painting and I sketched multiple variations. I tried so many different ones and none really seemed to fit. They either were too busy or looked like Mike Tyson. I knew I wanted to keep something there to add a little more interest to the eyes. Simplicity won out over all, just a few swooping lines was all I needed. The same is true for the armor, originally I wanted to add some swirling symbols like on the cloak pin but the were distracting and I ended up with an embossed scaly texture.